BuildAssembler with June CTP

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:16 PM
Got :

Error: BuildAssembler: An error occured while initializing the build component 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.VersionInfoComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\charpena\Desktop\DotNet20\CS\SandcastleBuilder\SandcastleBuilderGui\bin\Debug\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'. The error message and stack trace follows: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SandcastleBuilder.Components.VersionInfoComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)
Last step completed in 00:00:14.4688

Prior to this, I have changed a few things for the June CTP :
- changed the sandcaslte.config with the right path for \data\Reflection.
- Rebuild SHFB to get the right reference to BuildAssemblerLibrary version 2.2.64000.4
- Put all the dependencies (by the way my test project had only on class with a ctor and an other generic function, no other reference to external assemblies)

Thx for the help

Axel
Jun 19, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Fixed ;-)

Change the last lines in VersionInfoComponent.cs Constructor from

foreach(XmlNode node in asmList)
assemblyVersions.Add(node.Attributes"name".Value,
node.Attributes"version".Value);

To

foreach(XmlNode node in asmList)
assemblyVersions.Add(node.Attributes"name".Value,
node.SelectNodes("assemblydata")0.Attributes"version".Value);

and it should then work for non-HxS help.

However for HxS it now fails with

Info: Building output file Documentation.HxS.
Error HXC4001: File file:///C:/Build/Docs/Help/Working/Output/Documentation.HxT, Line 14, Char 5: XML syntax error: End tag 'HelpTOCNode' does not match the start tag 'HelpTOC'.

Fatal Error HXC2056: Failed to parse the XML file: Documentation.HxT
in the Microsoft Help Compiler
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 8:04 PM
I'm working on an update to support the June CTP. It will be out next Monday (06/25).

Eric
Jun 19, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Thanks for the update, I'm just having fun diving into the code trying to get it working, and if I can help someone as well then all the better. ;-)
Jun 19, 2007 at 10:07 PM
After updating sandcastle.config, changing VersionInfoComponent.cs and recompiling
I need to change the settings for :

HelpFileFormat - Either HtmlHelpx2 or website, but not both.
PresentationStyle = vs2005
RootNamespaceContainer = true

it then works OK.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:02 AM
The June CTP transformations removed the root namespace container in the TOC. As such, I've got to reverse the behavior of the RootNamespaceContainer property. Right now it's taking out the first node which screws up the TOC. The Help 1x version will build but it's missing stuff. The Help 2x version doesn't build unless you change the property value to True.

Eric