Links and see's

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 18, 2007 at 10:37 PM
It has been a couple minor versions since I last played with Sandcastle and Sandcastle Help File Builder. I am now running into a small issue and not sure if I am missing a new configuration setting, but where I expect links between help items there are none. One example is if I click on a Namespace and the list of classes is shown, but the names of the classes are not links to the classes. If I click on the Class Members in the contents, then I get a nice list of the members, but none of the Names are links again. The same happens with any <see> and <seealso> tags that I have tried. I have tried both the intellisense in VS2005 for the references and fully qualified names and nothing seems to work. I don't remember having issues with this previously, but like I said that was a while ago in Beta stages!!

Thanks for any help!

Carl
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:56 AM
Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest releases of the CTP and the help file builder. Note that if you are using the March CTP there was a refresh on about 3/16 that fixes several issues so you may need that. If links to base class members are not working, make sure the SdkLinks property is not set to None as that will cause that. It needs to be set to Msdn to generate links to the online content. FYI, a June CTP is supposed to be out shortly too. A new version of the help file builder will follow about a week later.

Eric