On some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties
, and click on the Unblock
button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General
tab in the properties dialog.
This new release contains bug fixes and feature enhancements. There are some potential breaking changes in this release as some features of the Help File Builder have been moved into Sandcastle itself. See the release notes for details.
See the Sandcastle 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the underlying Sandcastle tools and presentation styles.
See the Sandcastle Help File Buider 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the Sandcastle Help File Builder and the Visual Studio Package.
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe
to run the guided installation of Sandcastle, the various extra items, the Sandcastle Help File Builder core components, and the Visual Studio extension package.What's Included
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Help 2 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle December 2012 22.214.171.124
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- An option to install MAML snippets in Visual Studio to provide insertion of common MAML elements in topics while editing
- Sandcastle Help File Builder 126.96.36.199
- SHFB Visual Studio Extension Package