On some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties
, and click on the Unblock
button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General
tab in the properties dialog.
This release supports the Sandcastle October 2012 Release (v184.108.40.206). It includes full support for generating, installing, and removing MS Help Viewer files. This new release supports Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 solutions and projects as documentation sources, and adds support for projects targeting the .NET 4.5 Framework, .NET Portable Library 4.5, and .NET for Windows Store Apps.
See the Sandcastle 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the underlying Sandcastle tools and presentation styles.10/13/2012 Refresh
- This update includes the following fixes. If you are affected by these issues, uninstall Sandcastle v18.104.22.168, download this refresh, and run the guided installer to install Sandcastle again.
- Fixed the VS2005 and VS2010 presentation styles so that F1 keywords work properly when looking up API members via F1 in Visual Studio with MS Help Viewer.
- Fixed MRefBuilder so that it doesn't exclude System.Xml and System.Data from the framework assembly cache. This was causing the build to fail with unresolved assembly references for Silverlight projects.
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe
to run the guided installation of Sandcastle, the various extra items, the Sandcastle Help File Builder core components, and the Visual Studio extension package.What's Included
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Help 2 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle October 2012 22.214.171.124
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- Sandcastle Help File Builder 126.96.36.199
- SHFB Visual Studio Extension Package
For more information about the Visual Studio extension package, see the Visual Studio Package
help file topic.