On some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties
, and click on the Unblock
button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General
tab in the properties dialog.
This release supports the Sandcastle April 2012 Release (v188.8.131.52). It includes full support for generating, installing, and removing MS Help Viewer files. This new release is compiled under .NET 4.0, supports Visual Studio 2010 and 2011 solutions and projects as documentation sources, and adds support for projects targeting the Silverlight Framework and the .NET Portable Framework.
See the Sandcastle 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the underlying Sandcastle tools and presentation styles.04/29/2012 Refresh
- This update includes the following fixes. If you are affected by these issues, uninstall the Sandcastle Help File Builder, download this refresh, and run the guided installer to install SHFB and the VSPackage again.
- Fixed up issues related to the SelfBranded property. For now, leave it set to True in all cases. NOTE: If you have a project in which the SelfBranded property is set to False, set it back to True again after installing the refresh.
- Added AttachedEventComments and AttachedPropertyComments elements to the code that checks to see if the Generate Inherited Docs tool needs to be ran.
- Added code to set MaxJsonLength property when building the full-text index files and when loading the index files in the search web page.
- Added code to work around a case where the project properties where not always stored in the project prior to a build occuring in the VSPackage
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package used by Sandcastle. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe
to run the guided installation of Sandcastle, the various extra items, the Sandcastle Help File Builder core components, and the Visual Studio extension package.What's Included
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Help 2 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle April 2012 220.127.116.11
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- Sandcastle Help File Builder 18.104.22.168
- SHFB Visual Studio Extension Package
For more information about the Visual Studio extension package, see the Visual Studio Package
help file topic.