On some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties
, and click on the Unblock
button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General
tab in the properties dialog.
This release contains bug fixes and new feature implementations. Support for Visual Studio 2015 Preview and .NET Framework versions 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 is included.NOTE:
Some breaking changes were made in order to better support custom syntax generators. You will need to rebuild any custom plug-ins, components, and presentation styles against the latest version of the Sandcastle and Help File Builder assemblies. The code colorizer support files were also moved so you will need to update the Code Block Component configuration if you use it. See the release notes for details.
See the Sandcastle Tools 2014.11.22.0 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the underlying Sandcastle tools and presentation styles.
See the Sandcastle Help File Buider 2014.11.22.0 Release Notes
for details on all of the changes made to the Sandcastle Help File Builder and the Visual Studio Package.
This release uses the Sandcastle Guided Installation package. Download and extract to a folder and then run SandcastleInstaller.exe
to run the guided installation of the Sandcastle Help File Builder and Tools core components, the Visual Studio extension package, and extras.What's Included
- Help 1 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Help 2 compiler check and instructions on where to download it and how to install it if needed
- Sandcastle Help File Builder and Tools v2014.11.22.0
- SHFB Visual Studio Extension Package
- An option to install the MAML schemas in Visual Studio to provide IntelliSense for MAML topics
- An option to install MAML snippets in Visual Studio to provide insertion of common MAML elements in topics while editing