Error in VersionInfoComponent

Topics: User Forum
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Hi

I am getting odd error when I try to make documentation for my solution.

Info: VersionInfoComponent:
      [Sandcastle Help File Builder BuildAssembler Components, version 1.8.0.3]
      Version Information Component. Copyright c 2006-2010, Eric Woodruff, All Rights Reserved
      http://SHFB.CodePlex.com
BUILDASSEMBLER : error : BuildAssembler: An error occured while initializing the build component 'SandcastleBuilder.Components.VersionInfoComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleBuilder.Components.dll'. The error message and stack trace follows: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
     at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
     at SandcastleBuilder.Components.VersionInfoComponent..ctor(BuildAssembler assembler, XPathNavigator configuration)
    Last step completed in 00:01:15.0000

Only thing I have is one Documentation Source no refrence... Ideas.?

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

It's a duplicate key error which would seem to indicate that the reflection information file has information on two assemblies using the same name.  Does your Visual Studio solution generate two assemblies with the same name (excluding the folder)?  Can you e-mail me the reflection.xml file from the working folder of the failed build so that I can take a look at it?  My e-mail address is in the About Box in the GUI and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You are right. Two with the same name. Took care of that and it runs now.  Thanx.

Einar