<seealso> and <see> tags pointing to methods

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 27, 2007 at 7:54 AM
Hi, and thanks for a great GUI!

I have an issue though, with the <seealso> and <see> tags. I want to create a link to a method in another class, but the link that is created is not clickable, and only gets the name of the method ( MyMethod() ), not the full path name, as e.g. Logic.MyMethod().

I use this syntax:

''' <summary>
''' Test
''' <seealso cref="T:ACS.Client.Dialog.DialogBox"></seealso>
''' <seealso cref="M:ACS.Client.Displays.acsdCoilDataDisplay.ShowCoilByCoilNo"></seealso>
''' </summary>

2 questions:
1) Howto make the link clickable?
2) Howto get the full name Class.Method() as link text by default?

Grateful for all hints,

Best Regards
Anders Silverfall
Software Developer
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM
I know there's a bug in the VB.NET compiler where it doesn't write out the fully qualified name which is why you have to specify it fully in the comment tag. You might set the CleanIntermediates project property to false and take a look at the resulting reflection.xml file in the .\Working folder to see if the name of the method in there differs from what you are specifying in your code. You may need to include parameters in the cref text as well.

Specify the name you want to appear in the help text as the inner text of the tag:

<seealso cref="M:ACS.Client.DialogBox">Dialog.DialogBox</seealso>

Note that there is currently a bug in Sandcastle and this doesn't work for <see> tags. I think it works for <seealso> though.

Eric