Create link to RootNamespace page?

Topics: User Forum
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I have a project for which I have set RootNamespaceContainer to True and which I've set the RootNamespaceTitle to "Technical Reference".  I would like to create a link in some of my conceptual documentation to this container page.

I've tried <link xlink:href="d4648875-d41a-783b-d5f4-638df39ee413"/> based on the GUID of the generated page but that fails to resolve. 

The only workaround I have found is to specify an external link directly to: 

d4648875-d41a-783b-d5f4-638df39ee413.htm

This seems a bit hack-ish and could be fragile if the root namespace GUID ever changes. 

Is there some more elegant solution (without writing my own link resolver) which provides this capability? 

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I think an external link is the only way to do it.  The root namespace container topic ID doesn't exist as an item that can be used with the link element.  You might be able to link to it using a codeEntityReference element with "R:Project" as the target but you'd probably get that as the link text too.  The GUID value is a bit misleading.  It's actually an MD5 hash in GUID form so it will remain constant based on the member ID (R:Project in this case if I'm not mistaken).

Eric