Error when trying to create Help Project

Topics: User Forum
Jan 24, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hello,

I have followed the instructions given here. However when I try to create a project in SHFB. I get an error message

Error reading project from 'c:\myapps\SDLCDemo\CalcLibDoc\test.shfbproj': Unable to parse value '_XP' for property 'Language'

I have tried re-installing SBLF, and sandcastle.. but this error keeps coming.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM

There appears to be an invalid value in the Language property.  Open the SHFB project file in a text editor, find the Language property element and delete it.  You should then be able to open the project in SHFB.

Eric

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Eric,

The problem is that the .shfbproj file is not getting created at all.

When I click on new icon, the "save new HelpProject As" dialog box comes up. I enter my project name and click save. At that time this error comes up.

Regards,
Abhishek.

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

You've most likely got an environment variable defined called Language that is getting picked up because the default project doesn't contain that property by default.  You'll need to remove the environment variable temporarily, create the new project, set the project's language to a non-default value so that it creates the property in the project, and then set it back to the default if that's what you want to use.  After that you can add the environment variable back since the project's value will take precedence since it exists.

Eric