Warnings in new release

Topics: User Forum
Mar 13, 2007 at 10:03 PM
I've just upgraded to 1.4.0.0 and the Sandcastle March CTP, and in general, they're great, but I'm seeing a bunch of new warnings. (They're probably Sandcastle problems, but I figured I'd check with you, too.)

First, if I have "show missing summaries" turned on, I get:

"Warn: ShowMissingComponent: Missing <summary> documentation..."

for every class for the new AllMembers, Methods, and Properties pages. Those pages pick up the class summary, so the warnings appear to be spurious, but I have to turn off "show missing summaries" to keep the "missing" messages from appearing in my help output.

Then, when generating the HxS help, for each of my enums, I get:

Warning HXC6042: File (html filename) Line 1, Char 1137: <MSHelp:Keyword> tag requires attribute Term.
Warning HXC6031: File (html filename) Line 1, Char 1137: No term defined in <MsHelp:Keyword>.

(Hmm, I also just noticed that the table heading for enum value names now reads "Class", whereas before it was the correct "Member".)

Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2007 at 1:42 AM
There's a bug in the ShowMissingComponent caused by changes in how the VS2005 style groups elements. It adds some new prefixes to the manifest entries for those pages that I missed. I've fixed the bug and it'll be in the next release. For the time being, you can just set the ShowMissingSummaries project option to false to hide those messages.

It think I've seen the warnings from the help compiler before. They are caused by how Sandcastle outputs those elements during transformation. You can post the issue in the MSDN Documentation forum to see if they can fix it in a future CTP.

The "Class" header also appears to be a transformation issue as it does it in the test build script supplied with Sandcastle in the VS2005 style. You might want to mention that one in the forum too.

Eric
Mar 14, 2007 at 3:36 PM
Okay, I thought that was probably the case. I posted over at the MSDN forum, too. (I had posted on the Sandcastle blog earlier.)

Thanks for the quick response!