Use of <code> in Additional Content

Topics: User Forum
Feb 26, 2007 at 3:19 PM
I have been trying to use the <code source=...> comment within an HTM file that is included as additional content. I have not been able to get it to work. A close reading of the documentation would suggest that SHFB does not scan for that tag. I just wanted to verify that this is true. If this is indeed true, I would like to ask that this capability be added in future.

I am building a library in which each of the classes has extensive documentation on how to use that class. The additional content pages cover the reasons why one might use one class or method over another class or method. In these pages, I want to include the contents of sample data files and sample methods. With a little bending, I could put this material into the class comments, but it just does not seem right.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to ideas.

Jon Stonecash
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM
The <pre> tag will be colorized if the appropriate attributes are present but it doesn't currently support the source and region attributes. I'll see about adding support for them.

Eric
Feb 26, 2007 at 7:38 PM
Thanks.

Jon
Feb 27, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Just so that we are communicating, I was looking for support of the <code source=...> functionality in the added content html pages.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Yes, that's the plan.

Eric