Non clickable system types

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hi,

I am using SHFB 1.8.0.2(beta). And I can`t get workable MSDN links. I have set SdkLinkType = MSDN and in compiled chm I have non clickable system types. I see all system types in bold font but they are non clickable. I have tried all possible SdkLinkTarge with no result.

Is this issue? Should i set on/off some other properties to get it work?

Thanks in adv.

Serg.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I had a similar issue.  Check the project link type and make sure that is not set to none.

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I have tried all option for SdkLinkType

None - types are non clickable as it should be.

Index - types are clickable but link does not work. I understand i should compile with HTML 2.x style

Msdn - types are non clickable. But it shoud be. I do not see any difference between None and Msdn options. :(

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Check the build log.  Is it giving you errors about not being able to resolve the links?  Is it failing to connect to the MSDN web service?  Typically, the build will fail if that's the case unless it's changed behavior.  If behind a proxy server, you may need to create a BuildAssembler.exe.config to allow it to pass through it.  See the FAQ topic in the help file for details (My build fails because I am behind a proxy server and it cannot connect to the MSDN web service. How do I fix it?).

Eric

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Thanks a lot.

I have created BuildAssembler.exe.config and it fixes the problem.

Serg.