problem with missing documentaion for methods

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM

i have problem with the latest version

when i create the documentation  it puts the 

[Missing <param name="tBackupFolder" /> documentation for "M:Hydrobase.Maintenance_Backup.RecoverBackupStpB2(System.String,System.String)"]

DBFolder
    Type: System..::.String

[Missing <param name="DBFolder" /> documentation for "M:Hydrobase.Maintenance_Backup.RecoverBackupStpB2(System.String,System.String)"]

Return Value

[Missing  documentation for "M:Hydrobase.Maintenance_Backup.RecoverBackupStpB2(System.String,System.String)"]
when i have  document it on the code . and i have rebuild the code .

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Missing documentation usually means it isn't finding the right copy of the XML comments file or it really isn't up to date.  See the build log to find out where it's copying the XML comments file from and look in that file to see if all the member comments are present.  You might also check your Visual Studio project to be sure that it is generating comments files for both Debug and Release builds.  Also be sure that you pick the correct configuration (Debug or Release) in the GUI or specify it on the command line if building from there.

Eric

Nov 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM

im constantly rebuilding the project butt continues

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM

/// <summary>
        /// This method starts the 2nd part (and final step)of the backup process
        /// it recovers the databse back to it's original position
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="tBackupFolder">path of the backup folder</param>
        /// <param name="DBFolder">path of the originals database folder</param>
        /// <param name="windowsshown"> True in order to ananoune in message window</param>
        /// <returns>1 if succefully finished , 0 if nothing happened 
        /// and -1 if an exception had been thrown.</returns>
        public int RecoverBackupStpB(string tBackupFolder, string DBFolder,Boolean windowsshown)

this is well documented or not tell me this freeking IDE will make me crazy !!!

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Yes, that looks fine.  Do note, however, that in your original post, the signature of the method with the missing documentation is RecoverBackupStpB2(string, string).  The signature of the method you just posted is RecoverBackupStpB(string, string, bool).  The method name is different and it takes different parameters.  Make sure you're looking at the right method when looking for missing documentation.

Eric

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:56 AM

/// <summary>
        /// This method starts the 2nd part (and final step)of the backup process
        /// it recovers the databse back to it's original position
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="tBackupFolder">path of the backup folder</param>
        /// <param name="DBFolder">path of the originals database folder</param>
        /// <returns>path of restored tables </returns>
        public string   RecoverBackupStpB2(string tBackupFolder, string DBFolder)

here it;s the method that reports it has something wrong ?

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM

That looks fine too.  Look at the build log in SHFB.  It will tell you which XML comments files if any it is finding.  Get the path, load that XML comments file and see if it contains the comments.  You might also try creating a small test project and going through the walkthroughs in the help file to see if you've missed a step somewhere.

Eric

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM

ok i fixed with the most craziest - idiotic-simplistic way i could i just changed the name of the xml file in the project properties and finaly vs put there the info for these methods ..

thx for the help ... i never imagined vs to be a litle idiot :P  because is a good product