Display Problem

Topics: User Forum
Oct 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Howdy.

Some months ago I started having problems displaying Sandcastle output in IE 8.0.  Maybe it started after an IE upgrade - I don't know.  At first, I thought the problem was just with my own project, maybe related to having an old version of Sandcastle that I've been using for years.  But, the problem also shows up over the web.  For example, it happens when I open the following URL with IE:

http://www.ewoodruff.us/shfbdocs/Index.aspx?topic=html/078cc1c7-7995-431e-bf9c-8813becbe8df.htm

This gives a two-pane display, with the pane on the right being completely blank except for a vertical bar at the left border of the pane, near the middle of the border's height.  Regardless of what's selected in the left pane, nothing displays in the right pane.  When I open the text in a new browser tab, things seem to work fine.  The right pane then displays help content.

Any thoughts?

I have a screen shot.  Is there a way to attach a screen shot in these forums?  I didn't see a way to do that.

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 1:53 AM

It's related to the zoom level in the brower.  Setting the zoom level to 100% fixes the problem.  Certain zoom levels work, others don't.  I haven't had a chance to look into it to see if there's a workaround or fix that can be applied to the script.

Eric

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Aha!  Thanks for letting me know.