XHTML formatting

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 26, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Hi Eric,

We've been using SHFB for the last year or so with great success. Now with VS2010 and the new MS Help System 1.0 coming out we're just looking to make sure we can continue to build our help with SHFB. The specific issue I'm running in to right now is the presence of <nobr> tags (we use the VS2005 style) and XHTML does not allow <nobr> tags. I assume the Sandcastle folks will eventually come out with a VS2010 style (I hope), but in the meantime, is there a way I can make a small tweak in one of the existing stylesheets to fix the <nobr> issue (if so, can you point me in the right direction?)

Here's where we're seeing <nobr>: <nobr>Code: All </nobr></label><label id="devlangsMenuMultipleLabel" for="devlangsDropdownImage" style="display: none;"><nobr>Code: Multiple </nobr></label><label id="devlangsMenuCSharpLabel" for="devlangsDropdownImage" style="display: none;"><nobr>Code: C# </nobr></label><label id="devlangsMenuVisualBasicLabel" for="devlangsDropdownImage" style="display: none;"><nobr>Code: Visual Basic </nobr>

Katy

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Apologies Eric - wasn't paying attention and of course realized this is just a Style issue, not anything for SHFB! I've found most of the files I need in \Program Files\Sandcastle\Presentation.

Katy