Custom XML Tags with SHFB

Topics: User Forum
Sep 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Hi all,

I am new to this product, so if this is a stupid question, forgive me.

In my code, I used a custom XML tag which is not supported by Sandcastle Help File Builder, so it simply ignores it. I was wondering if there was any way to add functionality to allow the use of this custom XML tag in the help file. I would think this would be possible by editting an xsl file or something, but I have been unable to figure it out. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Custom tags need to be added to the Sandcastle XSL transformation files.  See this blog post for information on how to do that:

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Thank you for your quick reply.

I noticed that page as I was searching for a solution, however it led to a couple of questions for me.

First, which xsl files are used by SHFB, as Sandcastle by default installs multiple main_sandcastle.xsl files. I tried editing all 3 with no success.

Second,  does the change to main_sandcastle.xsl depend on what type of xml tag you wish to include?

I suppose that I should mention that I wish my tag to act similar to a <returns> tag in case that changes what I should add.

Thanks again,

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Problem Solved!

I just needed to play around with it for a while given after looking at that site again. 

Thanks for your help.