BE0065 for Microsoft.SourceAnalysis.targets on X64 machine.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM

SHFB: Error BE0065: BUILD FAILED: The imported project "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\StyleCop\v4.3\Microsoft.SourceAnalysis.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. <my.csproj>

The actual line in the csproj file is

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\StyleCop\v4.3\Microsoft.SourceAnalysis.targets" />

We are referencing the StyleCop release with the msbuild extensions.  How do I define the MSBuildExtensionsPath variable it resolves to C:\Program Files (x86) instead of C:\Program Files?  I am running 64-bit OS.  I guess I'll try copying the file to where SHFB is looking for it and see if that helps any.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:48 AM
Edited Sep 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM

This has come up before with MSBuild in general and Microsoft says it's "by design".  The usual suggestion is to copy the targets file to both locations (C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)).

Oct 24, 2009 at 12:34 AM
There is no need to change the project. This is a SHFB issue. Simply change it to be a 32-bit executable and it will find the StyleCop targets. 
corflags SandcastleBuilderGUI.exe /32BIT+ /Force