Indenting a paragraph in conceptual content?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

This might be something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.  In my conceptual content, I'd like to indent a paragraph as shown below. 

PHYSICAL

Is an optional keyword that specifies that the specified database

should be physically dropped.

I've tried a definition table, but it does not indent (although the example in the MAML help shows that it should).  And, there is no separating line after the defined term and the definition.

How would I code this up in SHFB?

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM

If you're not seeing an indent on the definition table items, you probably need to apply the Sandcastle Styles patch which fixes several bugs and makes some changes to the styles such as the indentation on lists and definition lists (http://SandcastleStyles.CodePlex.com).  There won't be a separating line unless you modify the transformation's stylesheet.  Another option to obtain an indent is to use the MAML quote element.

Eric

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Thanks again Eric.  I applied the styles patch and the definition table looks just like the example in the MAML help file.

I decided to go with the MAML quote element, though, as that gave me the indent and the separating line that I was looking for, so thanks for that alternate suggestion.