An unexpected error occurred while attempting to create the build component

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM
Compiling my sand castle project in a tfs automatic build I receive this error. Somone can help me?

BuildAssembler : error : BuildAssemblerCore: An unexpected error occurred while attempting to create the build component 'Code Block Component'. The error message is: The specified syntax file could not be found: E:\CM-Utils\Sandcastle Help File Builder\PresentationStyles\Colorizer\highlight.xml [E:\Builds\8\SimaticItFamily\UnityMESCore_INT-PLT_SandCastle\SRC\Help\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj]
Done Building Project "E:\Builds\8\SimaticItFamily\UnityMESCore_INT-PLT_SandCastle\SRC\Help\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Coordinator
May 5, 2015 at 7:18 PM
Make sure you're running the latest release on the build server. The colorizer files were moved a version or two ago. If you've got a more recent version and have added the Code Block Component to the project on your development PC, it would most likely result in the above error on the build server if it's running an older release of SHFB.

Also, please note that the project has been moved to GitHub. I'm more likely to see issues posted there and respond sooner.

Eric
May 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM
Thank you very much. I found the error, I had an older version. Thanks a lot for you support.
Crismer.

2015-05-05 21:18 GMT+02:00 EWoodruff <[email removed]>:

Make sure you're running the latest release on the build server. The colorizer files were moved a version or two ago. If you've got a more recent version and have added the Code Block Component to the project on your development PC, it would most likely result in the above error on the build server if it's running an older release of SHFB.

Also, please note that the project has been moved to GitHub. I'm more likely to see issues posted there and respond sooner.

Eric

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Crismer La Pignola
System Architect - Senior Software Engineer

Sito Web: www.crismerlapignola.it
cell. 347 2272399

"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn"
(Benjamin Franklin)