generic classes help problem

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Hi guys, I am using SandCastle 2.4 and SharpDevelop 3.0. My problem is when I type a class with a generic method and hover the mouse over the method there is not any provided help. Everything else is working fine. Does somebody knows how to handle this.

Thank you in advance,

Martin Vassilev.

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Sounds like you're missing IntelliSense (the XML comments file).  I don't know about SharpDevelop but for it to work in Visual Studio, the XML comments file needs to reside in the same location as the assembly.  Check the XML comments file to be sure that the comments you expect to see are actually in it.  It could be that you just need to rebuild it.  You might also ask in the SharpDevelop forum to see if there are any particular limitations or known issues with regard to IntelliSense and generic classes and methods.

Eric

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:27 AM

<param name="lhs" />Hi, I just resolved my problem. The problem was that the XML file was not so good generated, so I had to manually edit it.

<member name="M:TestNamespace.StoredNumber.Swap``1(``0@,``0@)">
            <summary>Swap data of type <typeparamref name="T"/></summary>
            <param name="lhs">left <typeparamref name="T"/> to swap</param>
            <param name="rhs">right <typeparamref name="T"/> to swap</param>
            <typeparam name="T">The element type to swap</typeparam>
</member>

When there is a ref, the generator appends @ (the first line of the code). I just had to remove it and it all goes smooth and quite.

Thanks Eric for taking time to help me :)