How to use SHFB

Topics: User Forum
Jul 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Or: Am I too stupid?

I am currently testing out this program, but something doesn't work.

I have a library for which I would like to generate a documentation with Shfb.

Atm, there's just one method commented:

/// <summary>
        ///  Sendet einen Multipartrequest
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="url">Url des Requests</param>
        /// <param name="data">Post-Daten für den Request</param>
        /// <param name="cookies">CookieContainer für den Request</param>
        /// <param name="allowRedirects">Weiterleitungen erlauben</param>
        /// <param name="Referer">RefererUrl</param>
        /// <returns>HTTPResult</returns>

And if I understood the purpose of this app, it should take this comments and display them in the generated help file, right?

But when I look into the generated helpfile, it says for the summary:
[Missing <summary> documentation for "M:Plugins.Http.SendMultiPart(System.String,System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection,System.Net.CookieContainer,System.Boolean,System.String)"]

and for the parameters:
[Missing <param name="url"/> documentation for "M:Plugins.Http.SendMultiPart(System.String,System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection,System.Net.CookieContainer,System.Boolean,System.String)"]

what am I doing wrong?

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

The most likely cause is that you didn't enable the creation of the XML comments file for the project in Visual Studio or you haven't rebuilt it so that it include the comments.  See the walkthroughs to make sure that you didn't miss any steps:

Setup: http://www.ewoodruff.us/shfbdocs/Index.aspx?topic=html/c47d9242-b3a8-4153-aa9e-ae8cb41cefe2.htm

First Project: http://www.ewoodruff.us/shfbdocs/Index.aspx?topic=html/d5dbf017-25f1-48cb-86db-90f76ee8f4d7.htm

Eric

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM

thanks for your fast reply, it has solved my "problem"

May 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Thank you for this.  Now I don't have to post the same problem because I, uh, forgot to select a checkbox (and then subsequently build my project).  Doh!