Multiple projects website TOC

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Only the first (in alphabetical order) project/xml is shown in the Websites TOC when adding several projects/xml to "Documentation Sources". However when I build a "HTML Help 1" file, all projects/xml in the current SHFB project are shown in the TOC.

The generated WebTOC.xml seems to include all the projects/xml in a correct way and all the html files for the projects/xml are generated in the html folder but only the first projct/xml is shown in the index.html TOC.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Expand the root node of the TOC. It's collapsed by default in the current release unless you include at least one conceptual topic. It's fixed in the next release due out soon.

Eric
Nov 14, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Edited Nov 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
You mean expanding the node on the website? The root node only containts one of the added projects/xml.

The struture of the help website is :

A Sandcastle Documented Class Library
-First project

UPDATE: The only way I manage to show all the different projects/xml is if I choose the "Include root namespace container". This will however add a second tier which seems to be abundant. The structure of the help website will then look like this:

A Sandcastle Documented Class Library
-Namespace
--First project
--Second project
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM
The "A Sandcastle Documented Class Library" node can be expanded too. As noted, it's fixed for the next release. Adding the root namespace container or a conceptual topic is the current workaround.

Eric
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Hi Eric,

Can you please explain in detail with some demo code?
What changes we need to do and exactly where?

This is the demo code that i am getting in WebTOC.xml.

---------->
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<HelpTOC>

<HelpTOCNode Id="c8817aae-9d00-4969-9d0c-77ffe58a864f" Title="ABC.XYZ.Data" Url="html/N_Acidaes_VirtualSalesManager_Data.htm">
Some xml.........
</HelpTOCNode>
<HelpTOCNode Id="06fa0f39-8945-429d-9219-fe1fc702f50b" Title="MNO.XYZ.Dal" Url="html/N_Max_VirtualSalesManager_Dal.htm">
Some xml.........
</HelpTOCNode>
<HelpTOCNode Id="de914dac-2dd7-42d9-97a0-e6718f4f242a" Title="MNO.XYZ.Data" Url="html/N_Max_VirtualSalesManager_Data.htm">
Some xml.........
</HelpTOCNode>
<HelpTOCNode Id="7fc45b19-c7d9-4735-949f-9574aa2c6409" Title="MNO.XYZ.Data.Master" Url="html/N_Max_VirtualSalesManager_Data_Master.htm">
Some xml.........
</HelpTOCNode>

</HelpTOC>

---------------->

But, I getting only first project in my .CHM file.
Other projects are missing.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Generating CHM files is unrelated to this issue which is for a website build. If you're missing stuff in an Help 1 build, it's probably because the stuff that's missing is private or internal which is not documented by default. If that's the case, you need to enable the private and internal member options in the Visibility category of project properties.

Eric
Nov 20, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Hi Eric,

I enabled the private and internal member options in the Visibility category of project properties. But this works only for methods.
And in case of projects the response is same as above.
I am getting only first project in .chm file.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM
It's hard to tell what your problem is based on your description. Can you send me an example? My e-mail address is in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric