Missing .NET Framework 4.5.2 in Frameworks.xml

Topics: User Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM
We're building against .Net 4.5.2 and were getting an error that 4.5.1 wasn't compatible in the SHFB project. I edited the shfbproj file to make the reference 4.5.2, but then got "error BE0071: Unable to locate...". I guess the Frameworks.xml file needs to have ".NET Framework 4.5.2"? I basically copy/pasted the 4.5.1 element and updated it to look so:
<Framework Platform=".NETFramework" Version="4.5.2" Title=".NET Framework 4.5.2">
Is this all that is needed?
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I'm having same issue, thanks for posting this possible solution, I'll try it out today and post back results.
Okay I got it to work by doing this:
<FrameworkVersion>.NET Framework 4.5</FrameworkVersion>
<TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5.2</TargetFrameworkVersion>
Make sure the resource DLL you point to has XML files available....
The dlls I wanted documented were compiled against V4.5.2, I just kept the documentation project set to 4.5 because it (the doc project) had no problems finding it. However, when it was set to 4.5.1 just like you said, it couldn't find it.

I had even downloaded the .NET SDK for developers for 4.5.2 and reinstalled everything but the results of that were that the Doc. Project still did not show option for 4.5.2 and it couldn't find 4.5.1 either.

I do not know why the XML above worked, I'm just going with it because I'm looking at the CHM file right now and that's what I wanted.
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Cloning the 4.5.1 elements and changing all of the 4.5.1 references to 4.5.2 should be all that's needed. As I recall, 4.5.2 is just another in place update over the 4.0 assemblies so the public key tokens and file version shouldn't have changed. I'm adding support for VS 14 so an entry for .NET 4.5.2 and .NET 4.5.3 will be included in the next release.

Eric
Nov 6, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Hi friends , just replace the Frameworks.xml with this Frameworks.xml

;)