Getting @@_SHFB_1 when viewing the CHM file

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Hello,

We recently started using Sandcastle to build our help file and it's great. Another developer created the help solution, but when I build it, one of the sections shows up as "@@_SHFB_1" in the collapsable space.

Other developers do not seem to have this problem and searching the web, I can't see to find this message either. I've checked the LastBuild.log, but I don't see any errors or issues.

The section that builds this is:
<section address="AuthenticationCSharp">
            <title>User Sample</title>
            <content>
                <code source="..\CodeSamples\SampleLogin\Program.cs" language="c#"/>
            </content>
        </section>
I've tried to hard code the source directly to the directory as well, but that produces the same result.

I had an old version of Sandcastle GUI installed. But I've uninstalled that and the Sandcastle version from Codeplex, and reinstalled the latest version on from this site with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Make sure you're all using a common version (latest release preferable). Also, if the project contains plug-ins or build components (see the related categories in the project property pages), remove them, add them back, and reconfigure them. More likely than not, something is out of date in the component configurations. Removing and re-adding them will ensure the current information is present.

Eric
Marked as answer by willhart on 8/4/2014 at 5:11 PM
Aug 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Thank you so much Eric. This fixed it. I went to the build component pages and deleted the 4 defalt components and re-added them with the default options. After rebuilding I'm now able to see the comments.

Not sure how they got messed up in the first place, it could have been because I had an earlier build of Sandcastle.

Thanks again