Can't get my presentation style to appear on another machine

Topics: User Forum
Jul 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Hello,

for a purely conceptual help project, I created a new presentation style based on the VS one which comes in SHFB. On my development machine it works fine, after adding the folders and the assembly to the %SHFBROOT%\Presentation Styles folder.

On every other machine I tried it on, it will not work, and if I try to build the project I get a BE0001 saying that the presentation style is not valid.

SHFBROOT it set correctly on both machines.

Any idea? Thanks!
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2014 at 7:34 PM
What version are you using? Prior versions looked for presentation styles based solely on a few specific folder locations but in the latest release, presentation styles are now MEF components and can reside in a the common locations or can be project specific if you've set the Component Path project property.

As long as the MEF export is correct and it's in one of the expected locations, SHFB will find and include it. Without the MEF export, it won't see presentation styles from prior releases.

Eric
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Hey Eric,

I just downloaded the release so it is 2014.5.31.0. I tried different ways, first putting it into the Presentation Styles folder, then setting the Component Path, the same with the Components and Plug-Ins folder and nothing worked.

On my development machine I am using 2014.4.22.0 and there it works by just putting it into the styles folder.

On second thought, maybe I should've tried updating the version on my dev machine first -.-

/Markus
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM
There were API changes in the latest release that require the presentation styles be rebuilt against the latest release of the assemblies. Updating and rebuilding so that you're on a common version should resolve the issue. Check the release notes when a new version is released. They'll let you know if you need to rebuild anything with regard to custom components.

Eric
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Right, that was stupid not checking for that in the first place, sorry for that!