Adding Image to a header

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Hi All,
Currently i am working to develop an API document using Sandcastle. I want to add an image in header. In earlier version while using presentation style 2010 i did the customization to Index.aspx which i placed inside Web folder so that it don't get overwritten on every build . since the new version has depreciated the .aspx i am unable to load the image in same way as i was doing earlier.

Can any one help me out to add a image in header

Thanks,
Shobhit
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 3:38 PM
The presentation styles have always supported adding a logo to the topic headers without having to modify Index.aspx or any of the other web files. Starting a couple of releases ago this processing was moved to the Transform Arguments properties. In your SHFB project, go to the properties page, select the Transform Args category and set the logo properties there. The description of each will guide you on what to do.

Eric
Jun 17, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2014 at 5:44 AM
Hi Eric,
Thanks for the response.

What I need is placing an icon on the page header not on the topic header.

When we are creating any document we get to section PageHeader and Page Footer. My requirement is to place a Logo(icon) on the left hand corner of the Page header proceeded with a Text (e.g. XYZ).

The thing which you told it’s working fine for the topic header. Please help how to place a logo on the page header.

Thanks,
Shobhit
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I intentionally changed where the logo was placed in the VS2013 style since placing a logo in the page header could mess up the page layout especially in website output. If you really want it in the header, I'd suggest cloning the presentation style and adjusting the XSL transformations to put it were you want it and adjust the CSS and any other necessary elements to get the placement correct in relation to your image file.

Eric
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM
EWoodruff wrote:
I intentionally changed where the logo was placed in the VS2013 style since placing a logo in the page header could mess up the page layout especially in website output. If you really want it in the header, I'd suggest cloning the presentation style and adjusting the XSL transformations to put it were you want it and adjust the CSS and any other necessary elements to get the placement correct in relation to your image file.

Eric
Thanks Eric. I will follow your suggestion and see if i can place the image file on header section