Visual Studio integration for SandCastle Help File Builder v2014.4.22.0

Topics: Developer Forum
May 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Is there a Visual Studio integration for SandCastle Help File Builder v2014.4.22.0? Thank you.
Coordinator
May 31, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Yes, everything is there. The SHFB package is the option right after the Sandcastle Help File Builder and Tools page in the guided installer. It was getting redundant to spell it all out in the release title so now it's just "Help File Builder and Tools".

Eric
Jun 2, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Thanks Eric! I installed via the .msi since I haven't been able to run the .exe provided in the zip that I downloaded for v2014.4.22.0. The .msi doesn't provide the options. Would you know why I am not able to run the .exe? When I tried to run it nothing happens and I didn't see the process under the task manager.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM
As noted on the download page, on some systems, the content of the ZIP file is blocked and the installer may fail to run. Before extracting it, right click on the ZIP file, select Properties, and click on the Unblock button if it is present in the lower right corner of the General tab in the properties dialog.

Eric
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Thanks Eric! I tried what you have suggested but that doesn't work for me still.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM
I suppose if you are not an administrator on the PC it may stop it from running. You can try right clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator". If that doesn't work, I don't know why it isn't running.

Eric