Merge HHP as additional content

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM
I'm requesting a feature to merge a chm project as additional content (hhp, hhc, hhk), so that I can add converted Java Doc to the final package.
I believe it's the best way to support Java doc in sandcastle.
Apr 26, 2009 at 5:51 PM
If you have the help project file, you most likely have all of the related HTML, image, and supporting files so just add them as additional content to the project and they will be compiled in automatically.  I see no need to support parsing the help project itself.

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM
The HTML files have different directory structure, which is adjusted in project file.
There are utilities to merge the chm files. However I want both the web based and file based help. 
Apr 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM
You can use a site map file to define the layout of the files in the TOC if they do not match the physical folder structure.

May 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Thanks a lot. I will try it and it I succeed I will post my method here.
May 2, 2009 at 3:13 AM
Spent the whole day on it. Eventually hit the wall. The url in my generated site map has anchors. For example:

It can't be recognized by SHFB.
Any suggestion?
May 2, 2009 at 6:23 PM
OK. I solved the problem. My method is quite complicated though.
First of all, I used a python program called jd2chm.
The I built two programs to generate the site map.
The I modified SHFB to generate correctly process the URL with anchor encoded.
I can send you the modified code. About 10 lines of modification to SHFB.
May 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Another potential problem is that SHFB doesn't handle relative paths in sitemap file correctly if the path is out of the scope of the project directory. It can be easily work around. Just copy everything into the scope of "working directory". However you may want to look into that.