Error in BuildReferenceTopics (BE0043) / "Missing shared content" warning

Topics: User Forum
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Update: When I disable the "Include root namespace container" setting, the build succeeds.

Hi,

When I try to build certain projects in the new release of Sandcastle (2014.4.21.0), I see the below warning in the BuildReferenceTopics step, and the build fails with the error code BE0043 shortly thereafter.

I should note that I'm not using XML comments in my help projects due to the nature of the APIs I'm documenting, so my reference content is only generated from assemblies. As expected, when I enable the "Additional Content Only" plugin, the build succeeds.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Charlie

Warning 3 BuildAssembler : warning : SharedContentComponent: [R:Project_My_Project_Name] Missing shared content item. Tag: 'include'; Id:'rootTopicTitleLocalized'. [C:\My Project Folder\Help\Working\BuildReferenceTopics.proj] C:\Program Files (x86)\EWSoftware\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SandcastleHelpFileBuilder.targets 40 4 My Project Name
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Sorry about that. I removed what I thought was an unused resource item but it's referenced in the build engine code so I missed it. The workaround would be to specify the "Namespaces" title in the Title property in the Help File category of project properties. I'll fix it and issue an update this evening.

Eric
Apr 22, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Thanks, Eric! Love the tool, by the way.