Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM
I am attempting to create a CHM for a project but it only works if System.dll is part of the Documentation Sources. When I include it as part of the References, I get the following error:

MREFBUILDER : error : Unresolved assembly reference: System (System, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes) required by Microsoft.Practices.Prism.PubSubEvents [C:\Depots\Prism-Docs\Content\Build\APIRef\Prism5API\Prism5API\Prism5API\Help\Working\GenerateRefInfo.proj]

Microsoft.Practices.Prism.PubSubEvents targets multiple platforms but I am only interested in generating the .NET Framework 4.5 version as this is not the only dll / namespace we are documenting in the project.

Any thoughts around this are appreciated!
Mar 27, 2014 at 7:38 PM
If this is a .NET Portable project, try one of the .NET Portable values for the Framework Version property setting. If you are using the Visual Studio solution or project file as the documentation source (recommended), it will choose the framework version based on the project settings. If not the case, can you send me an example of what you are doing? Using it I may be able to come up with conditions under which it can redirect automatically to the alternate framework version of the assembly. My e-mail address is in the footer of the pages in the SHFB help file.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Thanks for your response Eric. The dev on my team helped me figure out how to split the solution into 2 projects (1 targeting .NET Framework 4.5 and the other targeting .NET Portable Library 4.0 (Legacy). Then I was able to build 2 CHMs and then merge them.