How to hide Assembly information from being displayed in the help?

Topics: User Forum
Mar 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Hi,

Can we hide the Assembly information that is displayed at the top after the Namespace info.

For example, the following information is displayed in the Help output of Sandcastle.

Namespace: XMLCommentsExamples.DocumentationInheritance
Assembly: XMLCommentsExamples (in XMLCommentsExamples.dll) Version: 2014.1.26.0

I need to hide the Assembly information from being displayed in the help output.

Regards,
Anita
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 7:43 PM
In the project explorer (standalone GUI or Visual Studio), right click and select the option to add a new file. From the list of template files, select Resource Items File. In the editor window that opens, locate the "assemblyNameAndModule" entry and in the content text box, delete it's value. Save the file and build your project and the assembly info should no longer appear.

Eric
Mar 12, 2014 at 5:44 AM
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the quick response.
I followed the steps given above and the assembly info no longer appears but there is a placeholder for Assembly, i.e., it is now displayed as follows:

Assembly:

Is there a way to hide the text "Assembly:" as well?

Regards,
Anita
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2014 at 7:11 PM
I forgot about the assembly label. In the resource items file, find the "boilerplate_requirementsAssemblyLabel" or "requirementsAssemblyLabel" entry depending on the presentation style and clear its content.

Eric
Marked as answer by AnitaAndrew on 3/23/2014 at 9:53 PM
Mar 24, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Thanks Eric. This worked :)
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Hi Eric,

I cleared the content from the Assembly entries in the Resource Item file. This worked fine for VS 2010 version.
But when I change the presentation style to VS2005, the Assembly text appears again as follows:

Assembly:

Is there something else that needs to be updated to remove the Assembly text from the Help output for the VS2005 Presentation style?

Regards,
Anita
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I see "Assembly:" in the locationInformation, requirementsAssemblyLabel, and requirementsAssemblyLayout items. Most likely it's the second one. Clear the content of those items and it should go away.

Eric