Configuration of Custom Build Components / Plugins

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Is it possible to place and configure a custom build component in another directory the default one under "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\..."?

We use several Continous Integration Servers and have all the Sandcastle and SHFB Tools checked in in our repository. For us it is not really possible to install any custom build component on each CI server.
It woul dbe nice when the path of the custom build components could be configured or when SHFB looks per default in its own directory.

Tanks for all suggestions.
Marco
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2009 at 7:24 PM
I can have SHFB look in its own folder for a similarly named components folder and load any components and plug-ins found there too.

Eric
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM
That's exactly what i am looking for. Is it possible to integrate that functionality in a next version? Respectively, have allready any plan when a next version would be released?

Marco
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Yes, I'll include it.  The next release will be out in a few weeks.

Eric
Jul 6, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Hi Eric

Is it now possible with the latest release to have the custom build components and plug-ins in a sub folder of SHFB  itself?
I'am trying it with the XSD Doumenter Plug-in (http://xsdoc.codeplex.com), but i can't getting it to work...

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Marco

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Unfortunately, the above noted changes didn't make it into the 1.8.0.2 release.  I've made some more changes such that build components and plug-ins now reside within the same folder and, if necessary, they can be placed within the SHFB installation folder or a sub-folder below it.  The 1.8.0.3 release will be out within a week of the new Sandcastle release which, according to the recent blog post, is quite close.

Eric