OutDir has no effect?

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM
In TFS, I am calling the BuildHelp task and setting the OutDir property to a specific value.  It seems to have no effect.

I am outputing the value right beforehand with a <Message> task call (see below for the results).  The value passed to the BuildHelp task seems to have no effect, it still outputs to the subdirectory of the shfbproj file.

Thoughts?

<

BuildHelp

ProjectFile="%(SandcastleProjects.FullPath)"

Configuration="$(Configuration)"

Platform="$(Platform)"

OutDir="$(OutDir)"

Verbose="$(Verbose)"

AlwaysLoadProject="$(AlwaysLoadProject)">

<

Output TaskParameter="Help1Files" ItemName="Help1Files" />

<

Output TaskParameter="Help2Files" ItemName="Help2Files" />

<

Output TaskParameter="WebsiteFiles" ItemName="WebsiteFiles" />

<

Output TaskParameter="AllHelpFiles" ItemName="AllHelpFiles" />

</

BuildHelp>

Task "Message"

SandcastleProjects.OutDir=c:\d\TeamHelp\LabManager.Release.Licensed\Binaries\..\Help\VMToolsForVMwareLabManager\

Created c:\d\TeamHelp\LabManager.Release.Licensed\Sources\Products\VMToolsForVMwareLabManager\Help\Help\Working\Output\Guest Tools Help.chm, 87,067 bytes

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2009 at 4:00 PM
The intention isn't to call the build tasks directly.  Follow the procedure outlined in the Team Build topic in the help file.  There are still a few issues using TFS which will be addressed in the next release.

Eric
Mar 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM
I realize the intention is not to call the build task directly, but I am doing it for two reasons.  The 1st was that the OutDir seemed to have no effect for me with the targets file.  The 2nd was that it did not support the Inputs/Outputs of the Target element and I using those to optimize the build process.