Help3 incomplete API Reference

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Hello,

I am having an issue with the help3 api reference documentation. In my project I build all four type of documentation - help1, help2, help3 and web. So all of them have the very same content. However, I got a complaint that in help3 api reference, the classes in a namespace are not complete. I looked at it and it seems that it added 6-700 of the types and stopped there and continued with the next namespace. The rest of the help types contain all nested types, but in help3 they seem to be cut off.

Does anyone know about such a limitation? Any advices?
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Cut off as in it doesn't generate the topics or in that the Help Viewer TOC doesn't show them? Are they missing classes on the namespace pages? It could be a limitation of the Help Viewer. You'd need to ask in the MSDN forum to see if anyone can answer that.

Eric
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Cut off as they are not present in the TOC in the Help Viewer.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 7:43 PM
If you remove some of the classes with the API filter that are showing up do a few more show up that weren't there before? That might indicate some sort of internal limit in the help viewer. You might try asking over in the Visual Studio General forum. I don't know how active they are but there are some links to Help Viewer specific newsgroups in this post that you might try too: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/c6bff314-f482-4de5-8e30-f4939025f0ab/online-help-related-questions?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Eric