Use of Additional Content

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Firstly I apologise for asking what is probably a really easy question.

I've got a Word document and want to get it into the resultant Help File as an extra topic. The document contains images. I have been doing some reading on Additional/Conceptual content, and have decided in this case that it'll probably just be easier to add the document as "Additional Content" rather than to spend time reformatting it as Conceptual Content.

I've saved the document in HTML format, Word puts links to the images in the html, and copies the images themselves to a subdirectory under the document. When viewed in Word, everything looks fine.

I have added the document via the "Additional Content Items" dialog, but I'm not sure what to do with the image files. Certainly, when I just add the html file on its own, I don't see any images once the help file is built.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Pete

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:20 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Additional content items are copied recursively if you specify a "*.*" wildcard.  If you only added the document itself as an item and can't make it a "*.*" entry, add another entry that copies the images to the destination folder under a folder name that the document expects so that it can find them when viewed.  For example, if you copy the document to the root of the output folder and the image folder is called images, specify "Images\" as the destination folder on the item that copies the image files.

Eric
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Thanks Eric, that worked well.