Copy *.chm file to Desktop and Help Content disappears

Topics: User Forum
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Edited Dec 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM
My project builds an HTML Help 1 (CHM) formatted output file. I can build the project with no problems and view the output perfectly. No problems. But, when I copy the *.chm file to my desktop, then double-click to open, it opens with the table of contents but all of the content in the right-hand pane is empty. There are no errors or messages - just blank content in the right hand pane. It only seems to happen in my desktop location for some reason. Is there an easy fix for this as my client wants to use this on the Desktop and it's not working for them? Thanks.
Todd

_p.s., it appears the problem only exists when I open the help file from within Windows Explorer using the favorites section to access the desktop. When I navigate to the Desktop by going all the way through the folder structure (e.g., c:\users\me\desktop), the help file opens fine. _
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM
It's probably blocked. See the FAQ topic under Help File Issues for ways to unblock it under this question: Why doesn't my compiled help file load? / Why do all of the help file topics display a "Page not found" or "This program cannot display the webpage" error?

Eric