vs2005 presentation not picked up in VS 2012.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I am creating a custom help that must work in VS 2010 and VS 2012. I am using the vs2005 presentation style to match what was done for the previous release of the help.

I have a simple HTML introductory page that shows the proper formatting for VS 2010, but it is plain text when displayed in vs 2012. The rest of the help (API docs) follow the vs2005 styling in both IDE's with no problem.

I would like minimal formatting (font, font size, bold) for this HTML page. How should I go about this?

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
HTML pages aren't supported in MS Help Viewer output without all of the required metadata needed to register them properly when the help file is installed (unique ID, index keywords, etc.). Any links to style sheets and images will also need to be in the proper format or they won't get found. You may be able to do it but you'll have to manage all of that yourself as I provide no means of doing it in SHFB. Use a content layout file and a MAML topic which, when transformed to HTML, will contain all of the necessary elements to work in MS Help Viewer and will use the selected presentation style's look.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Thank you Eric. I will try that.