Adding A Custom Language

Topics: User Forum
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Ok, so i am completely new to sandcastle and have no clue where to start on this.

So i have written my own scripting language in C# and would like to know how i would go about outputting a custom syntax instead of what is already included with sandcastle. Problem is, i have no clue where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you need more info feel free to ask.
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Syntax filters are custom build components that run in the BuildAssembler step. You would derive a class from SyntaxGeneratorTemplate and implement the abstract methods. See the source for the CSharpDeclarationSyntaxGenerator or any of the others in the project source for working examples. You can create a project to contain your custom syntax generator and reference the Sandcastle SyntaxComponents assembly which contains the base class. To integrate it into SHFB, you don't have to modify anything. Create a syntax filter generator definition file and place it and your custom assembly in the third party build components folder. After restarting SHFB you should see it as an option in the Syntax Filters list. See the linked topics for more information.

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Thank you very much, i know exactly where to go with this now. If i have any other questions i will ask here.