SHFB v1.9.8.0 Now Available for Download

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2013 at 2:48 AM
The latest release of the Sandcastle Tools and the Sandcastle Help File Builder is now available for download. See the release notes in each for details on the changes made.
Nov 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Hi Ed, could you elaborate on the release note point 'Merged changes from Dave Dansey into TOC.js to sync to TOC when the topic URL parameter is used.' I've just upgraded to 1.9.8.0 from 1.9.6.0, and the menu/pages in my output still have issues syncing up. Where is the 'topic URL' parameter that I should be using? It also looks like the 'icons' folder for web output is now 'Icons', which confused my Unix box!
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 3:40 AM
There are still some issues with the TOC syncing due to the way it was implemented. See this work item for a fixed version of TOC.js that works properly in all browsers: https://shfb.codeplex.com/workitem/34659. For any given topic, you can click the "DIrect Link" link in the upper part of the TOC pane to get the URL for the currently displayed topic. That will give you the URL to use to jump straight to the topic. Once the fixed TOC.js is in place, the TOC will sync as expected too.

Regarding the Icons\ folder, note that the order of the build steps has changed to accommodate overridden standard content in custom presentation styles. The standard content is now copied much later in the build process after the project content. As such, if you have an Icons\ folder (uppercase I) in your project it will get created first rather than the icons\ (lowercase i) folder from the presentation style as in the past. Change the folder name in your project to lowercase and it will work as expected.

Eric