Assembly redirection and API filter

Topics: User Forum
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I have a project i am documenting with sandcastle and shfb.
Now i use a third party library, postsharp, for a few things which my project obviously depends upon.
Likewise i use another library which in turn depends on postsharp as well.
Of course sometimes the dependency sometime comes out of sync so that I have a different version of postsharp than my other third party library.

When generating documentation this can be fixed by adding the assembly redirection plugin. However when opening the project properties to edit the "API Filter" (under visibility) i get an error while generating reflection information (both in the standalone gui and in visual studio).

I can't find a log file, but I assume its related to the redirection plugin not being respected.

Any ideas? I considered adding the assembly redirection statement to the config file of shfb, but that seems like a nasty workaround (and not sure it works anyway)
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM
There was an earlier discussion on a related topic: Version Builder and Binding Redirect plugin issue.

The following change in changeset 103877 may fix both issues:
"- Fixed the Binding Redirection plug-in so that it runs in partial builds."
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Ahh - thanks for pointing that out, ill have a look once a new release is ready. Not that much of a hurry as long as editing the project manually works just fine.