Lack of namespace in project causes no documentation to be created

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Hi,

I have a C# .Net 4.0 web service that was originally a "web site" project but that I converted to a "Web Application" project (makes producing the XML documentation much easier). Unfortunately I think that these projects originally created code with no namespace. Now when I use that project as a documentation source none of the API's show up in it. It appears this is because none of the code is wrapped in a namespace. Is there a way to fix this? I can't suddenly wrap all of the code in a namespace now because I think that would force all of the consumers of the code to recompile (and I don't own those consumers of the web service).

I am using Visual Studio 2012 and Sandcastle 1.9.7.0.

Thanks!
Randy
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
This is by design as typically classes in the global namespace are compiler generated. In order to include such classes, go to the Summaries category of project properties, click the Namespace Summaries button to edit them, and make sure the "(global)" entry is checked to include it. You may need to use the API filter to remove any unwanted stuff that shows up along with your desired classes.

Eric