SHFB: Error BE0034

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Full error i'm receiving:
SHFB: Error BE0034: The 'OutputPath' property resolved to 'C:\Users\blahblah\Desktop\TestFiles\SPDocs\' which is a reserved folder name. See error or property topic in help file for details.

I've read about this error other places but i can't find where it makes up some random looking name like this "&#39".

I think this is caused by switching the help file format, i built many help files in the same spot using the HelpFileFormat as Website. Then i changed the HelpFileFormat to htmlhelp1 and everything continues to build fine. But once i change it back to HelpFileFormat to website it keeps giving me the above error. I can create it to a new directory but it seems like that one is tainted forever, even after i deleted the folder and recreated everything. Is there anyway to fix this or will it periodically block itself from using certain folders?

Here is my build output: <OutputPath>.\SPDocs\</OutputPath>. Any information would be great, Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Since the output path is relative, you have most likely stored the project itself in the Desktop\TestFiles\SPDocs folder. Since any folder under Desktop is disallowed when building website output, it will reject it. This prevents inadvertently purging a folder you didn't mean to clear. Moving your project to a subfolder under My Documents or any other non-restricted path will resolve the issue as will pointing the output folder at a fully qualified location that isn't in one of the restricted folders.

Eric
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Apparently i didn't read through your other answers very thoroughly, haha. Thanks Eric!!