I have a COM DLL that my class library references, but I am unable to find a way to exclude it from having warnings because it doesn't have documentation

Topics: User Forum
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:15 AM
The FAQ has this entry, but it doesn't seem to work:
My project relies on third-party assemblies and/or interop assemblies that do not have XML comments files. How can I document my assemblies without them? / My project uses third party assemblies but I don't want to include them in my documentation. How do I exclude them?
Third-party assemblies with or without XML comments files and Visual Studio generated interop assemblies do not need to be documented. They are considered to be dependent or reference assemblies. As such, add them to the References node in the Project Explorer window rather than as documentation sources. See the References topic for more information.
I have put the COM DLL in the References section and I still get warnings about types inside the namespace that comes from the Interop assembly for that DLL [COMDLLClient]:
Warn: CachedResolveReferenceLinksComponent: [M:My.Namespace.BareSpecification.OutputStructured(COMDLLClient.SDVariables)] Unknown reference link target 'T:COMDLLClient.SDVariables'.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
You've got references to the indicated IDs somewhere in the XML comments. These warnings are safe to ignore since the missing links get rendered as non-clickable text by default. If they are bothersome, you can use the Additional Reference Links plug-in to add information about the reference assemblies and provide a link type such as None to suppress the warnings.

Eric
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Okay, I'll ignore these, but I don't see where I am explicitly referencing T:COMDLLClient.SDVariables

C#:
        /// <summary>Callback method that receives the SpecData and then parses it, populating the object.</summary>
        /// <param name="variables">Structured Mode variables from the server</param>
        public override void OutputStructured(SDVariables variables)
XML file:
        <member name="M:My.Namespace.BareSpecification.OutputStructured(COMDLLClient.SDVariables)">
            <summary>Callback method that receives the SpecData and then parses it, populating the object.</summary>
            <param name="variables">Structured Mode variables from the server</param>
        </member>
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM
In this case, it's coming from the Syntax section. It renders links to the parameter types.

Eric