Warning about missing configuration in step

Topics: User Forum
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I am building documentation for a C# class library that builds as x86 or x64, not as "AnyCPU".

[It uses a COM dll via a manifest file instead of registering the COM dll, therefore it has to do the two configurations in parallel; there's no way to have two manifests in the same binary that reference two assemblies that differ only by platform.]

Towards the beginning of the documentation build, I get this warning:
-------------------------------
Generating reflection information...
[C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe]
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1578,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Interop.SourceDepotClient", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project. [H:\projects\My.Class.Library\main\Help\Working\GenerateRefInfo.proj]
  MRefBuilder (v2.7.2.0)
  Copyright c 2006-2012, Microsoft Corporation, All Rights Reserved
  Info: Loaded 2 assemblies for reflection and 3 dependency assemblies.
  Info: Wrote information on 4 namespaces, 225 types, and 3414 members
  XslTransform (v2.7.2.0)
  Copyright c 2006-2012, Microsoft Corporation, All Rights Reserved
  Info: Applying XSL transformation 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sandcastle\ProductionTransforms\MergeDuplicates.xsl'.
    Last step completed in 00:00:05.4326
Any way I can track down where this discrepancy is coming in?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
You can set the configuration and platform in the standalone GUI. If using Visual Studio, it should pick up the current settings. If you are using a solution or project file as a documentation source, you can force the platform and configuration to use by setting them on the documentation source's properties.

In any case, I think it's safe to ignore this warning since SHFB isn't compiling any code, it's just parsing the assemblies for reflection information.

Eric
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Okay, I'll ignore the warning, but I have the Help Project set to Release|x64, and I just set the documentation sources to both use Release|x64 explicitly, and the warning still occurs.