Icons links doesn't work in Help Viewer 1.1

Topics: User Forum
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I tried using both VS2005 and VS2010 templates and with both, the standard images are not showing. I looked at the source from the viewer and it looks like links like

"icons/collapse_all.gif"

get replaced by

"http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/0-752/ms.help?content/My Company/store/Help_file.mshc;/icons/collapse_all.gif"

(notice the slash before icons). If I take the link and remove this slash, it works fine. Any suggestion?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Are the links in your own HTML or are you referring to the standard content generated from MAML topics or API content? It's working fine as far as I can tell and the link format you show is normal including the leading slash.

Eric
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM
This is standard content generated from the reference documentation created with SHFB on an assembly XML documentation. I have no icon at all displayed and I get JS errors... When I said the link worked without the leading slash, I tested the link in IE. If I try to display the link with the slash, I get "Impossible de trouver le contenu demandé sur votre ordinateur" which roughly translated would be "Impossible to find requested content on your computer" but if I remove it, I get the icon.

Strangely, this link is working even if there is a forward slash:
http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/0-7828/ms.help?c:\\Program Files\Microsoft Help Viewer\v1.0\dev10.mshc;/branding.js
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM
BTW, just to make it clearer, I'm using Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 with French Language pack installed.
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I found the problem: my Vendor Name value had a é in it which seems to cause problem with the leading slash. When I removed the accent, it worked.

As for the JS error, in C:...\Sandcastle Help File Builder\SharedContent\VS2005BuilderContent_fr-FR.xml, the fb_body and feedback_body properties has an apostrophres (') that is not URL escaped and when inserted in the onclick attribute, closes the attribute before the end of the javascript function.