Font size of code examples differs from .chm to website output

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Hello. First, thank you for maintaining this great tool!

I'm currently using SHFB GUI v1.9.6.0 to build my help files in the "HTML Help 1 (CHM)" output format with a presentation style of "VS2010". It looks great. I then copy everything into a new folder, switch the build output format to "Website" and rebuild the project so that I can put the documentation online. It works, but I notice that the font size of the code in the "syntax" sections as well as my code example blocks has changed to something noticeably smaller than the "HTML Help 1 (CHM)" output. Why is this and how can I generate the website files so that the font sizes between the two output types is the same? Thank you in advance.
-L
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
The web browser tends to use a smaller font compared to the Help 1 viewer regardless of presentation style. It's most likely related to the stylesheet since there are multiple levels of nesting so it's probably interpretting the font size differently for some reason based on the hierarchy of nested elements. I don't know much about how such things would affect the stylesheet so unfortunately, I can't offer any suggestions about how to make them consistent.

Eric