List class="nobullet" in vs2010 presentation style

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hello all!

I'm using the vs2010 presentation style, and when trying to create conceptual content, I'm creating a list with class="nobullet". However, no matter what I've tried, it always shows with bullets. I've switched the style to hana and Prototype, and both of those are handling it as I would expect. Is this not supported for this presentation style? Based on my limited understanding of the XSL transforms, it seems like it would be, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Matt

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Ignore my last response.  I forgot to change the presentation style.  It isn't working so I'll look into it.

Eric

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM

It's another case where the branding transformations are getting in the way.  There are a couple of templates in Presentation\VS2010\Branding\ps-body.xslt that strip out styles and let some through.  Its was probably intended for non-self-branded content but is currently active for self-branded content.  Commenting out the two following templates or deleting them lets the style attributes on the lists work as expected:

<!-- ============================================================================================
Generic transforms (see Identity.xslt for others)
============================================================================================= -->

<!-- strip style attributes by default -->
<xsl:template match="@style[translate(.,' ;','')!='display:none' and translate(.,' ;','')!='display:inline']"
              name="ps-style"/>

<!-- pass through styles for p and h elements -->
<xsl:template match="//xhtml:p[@style]|xhtml:h1[@style]|xhtml:h2[@style]|xhtml:h3[@style]|xhtml:h4[@style]|xhtml:h5[@style]|xhtml:h6[@style]"
              name="ps-allow-styles">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
    <xsl:attribute name="style">
      <xsl:value-of select="@style"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Eric

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Just getting back to this now... works perfectly with those sections of the XSLT commented out. Thanks, Eric!