Spurious warning BE0010 with similarly named files

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM

My project's Media folder includes the following two files:

Acquisition_ProfilePlus_Walkthrough_Image_Properties_Range_Params.jpg
Acquisition_ProfilePlus_Walkthrough_Image_Properties_Range_Params2.jpg

When I build the project, I get the following warning message:

SHFB : warning BE0010: Image file 'd:\temp\Working\20130111102843.765000-300\Media\Acquisition_ProfilePlus_Walkthrough_Image_Properties_Range_Params.jpg' already exists.  It will be replaced by 'D:\home\svn\trunk\help\Media\Acquisition_ProfilePlus_Walkthrough_Image_Properties_Range_Params.jpg'. [D:\home\svn\trunk\help\vx_all.shfbproj]

The error appears to be spurious. Both files get copied to the working directory, and both files are included in the built documentation.

Ed

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It's not warning about two different files, it's warning about encountering the same file twice.  Check your project file in a text editor.  I suppose it's possible there's a duplicate entry for the file in the project XML.  It's also possible you've got the file in two different folders both with an Image build action.  In that case, it would copy the file from both locations to the common .\Media folder in the working folder resulting in the same warning.  That's the more likely cause.

Eric

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thanks Eric -- it was a duplicate entry in the project file. It wasn't showing up in the SHFB GUI but it was there.

Ed