error MSB6006: "HHC.EXE" exited with code -1073741515.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Compiling HTML Help 1 file...[C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe]C:\output\Working\Build1xHelpFile.proj(41,5): error MSB6006: "HHC.EXE" exited with code -1073741515.C:\output\Working\Build1xHelpFile.proj(52,5): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "C:\output\Working\Output\Documentation.chm" to "C:\output\\Documentation.chm". Could not find file 'C:\output\Working\Output\Documentation.chm'.    Last step completed in 00:00:00.1200-------------------------------
SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details.

i cant able to generate the chm file in my machine.

Sandcastle is showing the above error.It was urgent for me to generate chm file.Please help me

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM

That error was reported once before and uninstalling and reinstalling the HTML Help Workshop which contains the help compiler corrected it in that case.

Eric

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done the same for many times.but no result.

i copied hha.dll from the machine where sandcastle is able to generate the chm and copied to my machine.But i got this error:

Compiling HTML Help 1 file...[C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5\MSBuild.exe]

HHC6003 : error : The file Itircl.dll has not been registered correctly.    Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702        Compiling c:\SDISHTML\Working\Output\Documentation.chm                The following files were not compiled:      Last step completed in 00:00:13.6684-------------------------------
SHFB: Error BE0043: Unexpected error detected in last build step.  See output above for details.

i tried to register Itircl.dll also (like: regsvr32 Itircl.dll).but no use.

Please help me with the solution.......

Thanks in advance...

Please reply me with an answer

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Sorry, but there isn't anything I can do beyond suggest reinstalling the HTML Help Workshop.  Since it's not a SHFB or Sandcastle issue, it's not something I can fix.

Eric